Friday, March 28, 2008

Men's restroom on the left

I thought I would get us started with our writing, sharing something I put on my own blog about a month or so ago. I know as Crohn's patients we all have those wonderfully qwuirky, somewhat embarassing moments. This is one of mine. And I'll just warn you, if "bathroom" humor bothers you - stop reading now!!

Just to set the stage (so to speak), you have to understand that as a Crohn's patient I go to the restroom approximately 8 - 10 times per day (and yes I talking about #2 not #1). So you can kindof understand that as an insurance sales rep, I am out and about all over North Georgia, so I have to know where the decent (clean) bathrooms are for just about anywhere I'm traveling.Unfortunately, traveling around and going to the restroom in so many different McDonald's restaurants, I guess I have gotten way too used to where the restrooms are and how they are laid out and extactly where they are in the restaurant. Today I had a Crohn's moment hit & I just had to stop. I'm not going to say the name of this small city close to home, because it only has 1 McDonald's & someone might have seem me there. I get out of my car & run for the McD's door ... walking anxiously for the restrooms. I head for the back & go for the door on the left - make my way to the stall & sit down to do my business. After a moment, my thoughts went down this path - "Wow this McD's is really nice, they have 2 stalls. Normally when I go to a McD's, the guys bathroom only has 1 stall (& I inevitably end up having to wait on someone else to get done) and 1 or 2 urinals. Wait a minute - Did I see a unrinal?? Oh My - I didn't see a urinal. Did I? Oh no - I honestly don't remember. I may be in trouble!!! Could I be in the wrong restroom? I need to get done quick, just in case. Oh and I need to be quiet, cause If I am in the ladies room, I don't want them to hear me." So I get done, listen for anyone that might be out there. And then as I open the bathroom door to make my escape, I look across from the door I am exiting and see the sign that says "Men" on the door opposite me. Needless to say, the door I was exiting said "Women." But I did at least make the McD's employee, sitting just outside the restrooms, laugh heartily - because he watched me go in & come out. "Dude, you could have saved me!!"

So my lesson from today - even when you are in a hurry to go - make sure to read the signs. Oh, and just because most of the McD's put the men's restroom on the left (and if you don't believe me look the next time you are in one), doesn't mean that they are all on the left. Note to McD's - us Crohn's patients would appreciate a little more consistency in restroom placement.

I'd love to have more of you come and share your stories, whether funny or sad. I know you all don't what to have me being the only writer here. So email me at dcparson@gmail.com if you are interested is writing. I'll get you added in as an author. Blogger will only allow 100 authors at a time, so there is a finite number of writing spots available.

Until next time...

Chadwick

No comments: