Sunday, March 30, 2008

What to eat?

As anyone with any stomach realted issues knows, one of the biggest problems we all face is what to eat. What do we eat when we feel really good and can get away with a little more? What do we eat when we are feeling just "ok"? What do we eat when we are in the middle of an attack but we have to get wome type of nurishment? What are your go to , "when all else fails" foods?

I'd love to get some feedback from you on what and how you eat. You can share it in the comments or if you want to post something seperate, email me and I'll give you the link.

So here goes my list:
Feeling great
Fortunately, after 15 years, my Crohn's is pretty well under control. So when I'm feeling really good, I eat pretty much anything I want - even the stuff the docs tell me not to. I lean toward the spicier foods, & believe it or not, the stuff with peppers in it make it better, not worse for me.
Feeling ok
I love pasta with light sauces. The heavier sauces tend to bother me. I do my best to stay away from the greasier stuff, especially since I had my gallbladder taken out about 11 years ago. I don't go overboard on anything that is really high fiber, cause that stuff borthers me too.

Feeling bad
When it's bad I typically go for the stuff that is not really solid. I love grits, of course that is a couthern thing, so some of you may not know what they are or care for them. Cream of wheat is right there with the grits & is almost the same stuff. Jello is always good for me too.

So, that is at least a start for us - I'd love to hear about your comfort foods, because we all need some new ideas.

Until next time...

Chadwick

PS - I am editing this afterward to add one more thing. I absolutely love Coke. But since I'm trying to lose some weight, I'm abstaining for now. Here's 2 recommendations of drink I really, really like & they do not bother me, they taste good, and they actually make me feel a little better. Crystal Light Iced Tea - I drink this stuff all the time. I drink hot Peppermint Tea every night about an hour or two before bed. The warm water aids digestion, and peppermint is a natural anesthetic for your stomach. I've found that Peppermint Tea helps me to sleep a lot better.

No comments: