Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sussman at sea

Special thanks to Joe who commented on a previous post for turning me on to what Ari Sussman is doing to raise funds for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.

Here's Joe's comment - "Three years ago a good friend died from post-op complications after his colostomy. He was 26 at the time, and as you can imagine it was a huge tragedy all of us in his life. Another friend is now sailing across the Atlantic, and using the opportunity to raise money for Crohn's and Colitis research (he has secured a $10,000 matching grant). Part of the inspiration for this campaign is the adventurous spirit of our friend Yossi, who passed. The campaign can be found here: https://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/sussman-at-sea. I hope this is something you find interesting and share with your community here at Confessions of a Crohn's Patient."

Click on the link and go check out where he's doing and where he's at now in his quest. Give if you can. This is a pretty cool way to raise awareness and money at the same time. Hopefully he'll get to his goal of $20K.

1 comment:

Profile Not Available said...

I am so glad you visited my blog today! If you hadn't I wouldn't have found yours. My husband was diagnosed with Crohn's and Colitis in 2006. He had symptoms from January to April, and didn't share them out of fear...go figure. By the time he did go to the doctor, it was so bad, and he had lost so much weight, it seemed he would never go into remission. He seems to have a flare up at the end of May every year, that lasts through the summer. I am sure I don't have to tell what it is like to live under the same roof. The Pred. only makes it more difficult. Thank you so much for your blog! I hope to return often!