Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introduction

Hello Fellow Crohnies!
Just a quick word from me by way of introduction. I am Gary, a forty two year old man living and working in the UK. Happily married to long suffering wife Lesley for the past fifteen years and blessed with a daughter, Emily, five years ago.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at the beginning of March this year (after years of linked symptoms) and am currently in the 'finding out' phase, where everything is a challenge and a mystery and, to a certain extent, a fear. I say 'fear' lightly, because compared to the fears I had prior to diagnosis, well they're much reduced I can tell you! Though there still remain the kinds of fear every newly diagnosed patient will encounter - what will the treatments be? Will I ever feel 'normal' again? What are the risks? etc. etc.

I am in a massive learning curve and I started my own blog to record this journey. In doing so I came across a number of other related sites and blogs - Crohn Zone has been one of the most helpful, and they're a great bunch of people to chat to, scream at, moan to and generally vent all of the frustrations of the disease. The disease is so full of variety, has so many different manifestations, affects people in so many different ways and has so many different treatments it needs a Crohns Zone to pull everything together and share experiences - and, at times, have a light hearted swipe at it all. Check it out (link on the right)

I hope to be popping in here every once in a while to update on progress and share experiences with you.

Anyway, that's me for now. Thanks for listening.
Gary

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Nice to meet you Gary! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you and your family.