Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pretty Cool Story

If you ahve not visited the Crohn's Zone, it is worth checking out. The link is on the right. Pretty good sight for connecting, forums, and chats. If you get a chance & have some time to read...check it out.

I was there tonight and one of the threads in the forums takled about "the spoon theory." Didn't know what they were talking about but my curiosity was peaked. I'm going to put a link to this story at the bottom of this post. It is a great story for helping others understand what we as Crohn's patients go through daily.

FYI - I'm putting this in here as a link instead of copying and pasting because it is copyrighted. So if you happen to pass this on, please give credit where credit is due.

Click on the link here to read this story: But You Don't Look Sick

Until next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Spoons Theory so sums up what it's like to live with such a miserable disease. Although my crohn's isn't as bad as the subjects Lupus, I do now have a way of explaining some of the less major symptoms of my illness to my employers and colleagues - it's a good way of making them at least begin to understand what it's like to live with a chronic illness.

ocean mommy said...

I thought this an awesome visual.

Lindsay said...

Wow! This brought tears. It is true on so many levels.